Monday 23 August 2010

Travelling Wilbury´s

I mentioned in the last post that one of the delights of working this month is the good it will do to my travel fund.

Allow me to elaborate, heh heh! (she says rubbing her hands together gleefully!)

Back in July when I was working in Winchester, my darling sister MsAmused, who is currently living it up in Wellington, invited me to join her in New Zealand in Jan/Feb and the two of us could go travelling together.

Anyone who has known me for more than an hour could probably tell you that the only thing I love more than travel is my family. So you can imagined that I jumped on that invitation like a dog on a ball!

So while I usually live by the maxim: ´if you want to make God laugh, tell him your long term plans!`, I will cautiously propose the following travel itinerary.

If only to give me something to look back on and say ´how did I get it so wrong!!´

I want to head to Sydney, via Mumbai or Singapore, visit my cousin and her husband and their new baby (who is currently still a bump), then fly up to Brisbane to visit one of my oldest, bestest friends, her husband and their little girl, and one of my darling partners-in-crime from my first year in Edinburgh (You know who you are Miss Duracell Bunny!).

Then over to Wellington, where MsAmused will give me the grand tour. We check out the North Island and then head to the South Island.
Which we will work our way around by couch surfing and working on organic farms. I think the highlight of that section of the trip for me will be the 3 or 4 day Sea kayaking trip we want to do.
Once we have visited every plot of earth that had anything to do with Lord of the Rings, we will head to Australia and tour from Sydney to Darwin.

Here we are hoping to get very lucky and charm someone from the Darwin Yacht Club to allow us to work our passage on a sloop sailing to Jakarta.
Ambitious innit?!

So it will be worth following this blog just to see how that works out! (hint hint)

If that works out, then we shall visit a TEFL colleague of mine who works in Jakarta.

Then two months schleppin´ around South East Asia, then back to sunny Winchester for the end of June to work in that TEFL paradise again. (note: this is not sarcasm, it really is a paradise to work in!)

If any of you darling readers have any suggestions as to things to do in New Zealand, Oz, Indonesia and beyond I would really appreciate them!

Next post: Life is a three ring circus.

No comments:

Post a Comment