Monday 1 February 2010

And introducing.....


Dear All,
how exactly should one begin a blog? Should I be witty, suave or sophisticated? Erudite or urbane?

Hmmm, witty I can do, but I'm not so sanguine about the rest.

So I will simply start at the beginning and hope I hit my stride fairly soon.

In October 2008 my dearest friend and I walked the last 300 miles of the Camino de Santiago de Compostela from St. Jean Pied de Port in France, over the Pyrenees and across Northern Spain.
It was without a doubt the best five weeks of my life and I learned so much about myself, my faith, life, the universe and everything,
yada, yada, yada. Most delightfully, it also taught me that when I put my mind to it, I can accomplish just about anything.

This blog will chronicle the life and times of this accident pilgrim as I embark on my next pilgrimage - 'Grown Up Life'. I start the second decade of the millennium with quite a lot to explore:

  • I'm in a new city - Edinburgh (well, I have lived here before, but with only four friends still residing here I'll have to rebuild my social life from the ground up!)
  • I'm job hunting - with only the vaguest notion what job I want. Whatever I can get I suspect!
  • I'm learning German to prepare me for a friend's wedding in Switzerland in September.
  • Applying for a college place next September, we'll see how that skirmish with academia goes.
  • Exploring the nooks and crannies of my beloved Catholic faith under the supervision of my Dominican spiritual director.
  • And somewhere in the middle of all that, maybe, just maybe I'll get to do a little romancing as well!
All in all, I think I shall have lots to report and I really look forward to having you with me on the journey, to cheer me on, ask questions or give me directions when I get lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment